How to Promote your eBay Listings
Do you know about the eBay search engine “Cassini”? Cassini is eBays own search engine, and it does an excellent job of connecting buyers to listings. However, solely relying on Cassini isn’t the best way to promote your eBay listing.
However, while many eBay sellers do their best to fulfill Cassini’s criteria, they still get frustrated because they don’t know how their listings are ranked in search results. So, what’s the solution?
Sellers must try to look for other options to attract buyers. Entirely relying on eBay’s search engine algorithm isn’t always the best practice. Below, we explore how to promote eBay listings using methods that don’t rely on eBay’s internal search criteria.
4 Methods for eBay Store Owners to Promote their eBay Listing
1. Explore eBay Marketing Options
Some popular marketing tools of eBay that sellers can use are:
- Promotion Boxes – These are special boxes that highlight the featured listings. Moreover, they’re displayed over the pages on the eBay store. Sellers can customize these boxes in many ways according to their preferences.
- Promoted Listings – It’s the latest addition to eBay. You have to pay an extra commission to eBay in this option, and your store will get enhanced visibility. More importantly, eBay sellers are charged for promoted listings on the sale of an item. So, it is the best marketing tool to promote eBay listing.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing involves sellers sending emails to their followers or people subscribed to the mailing list. You can use an email template or customize it with HTML. In your newsletter, sellers can promote exclusive offers and promotions to drive traffic to your site and ultimately increase sales.
2. Create a Website
When eBay sellers create a website for their eBay business, it will help them increase their credibility. When you look to be trustworthy, you’ll get more sales. Moreover, sellers can use the website for advertising listings and sharing more information and details of listings.
Creating a professional website is probably the cheaper and best solution. No programming and coding are required because you can use pre-made templates and design the website. You can create a website on WordPress.
For this, you’ll have to buy a domain and hosting. It will not cost you much to buy them from companies like NameCheap.
Furthermore, you must know the eBay link policy. Recently they have released an update, and now sellers can’t link to external websites on eBay. However, it doesn’t mean that buyers can’t advertise their products to buyers using other means.
Ensure that you send a handwritten note to buyers, and don’t forget to mention the website address on it. You can add your website address on printed address labels as well.
3. Make Use of Social Media Platforms
There is no need to tell you how social media websites dominate the internet. Internet users spend almost 2 hours daily on social media. As an eBay seller, you’re making a big mistake if you’re not using this option. Follow the below-given tips and promote eBay listing on social media platforms.
- Facebook – Build your presence on Facebook by creating a Facebook page for your business. It will provide you with some valuable statistical insights. You can invite interested friends and family members to like this page to get started. Keep posting engaging content and special deals. Moreover, responding to messages and comments quickly will help maintain a positive relationship with followers.
- Twitter – It’s the best platform for eBay sellers to announce new listings, promotions, and news. Twitter allows you to establish connections with potential customers. Make effective use of the search functions and find similar products to yours and people tweeting about them. Check for popular hashtags and use them in your tweets. They will help you get traffic from these sites.
- Pinterest – Pinterest is great if you’re looking for opportunities to grow as an eBay seller. Use your listing photos and create attractive pins. Free tools like Canva.com can be used for designing graphics. Pin your content with other pins. You have to build engagement with other people on Pinterest to get more visibility. If you’re relying on your content without engaging with others, it’s not enough.
4. Ensure That You Understand Search Engines
Sellers who are interested in promoting their eBay listings should learn about SEO. SEO is a process of shaping your website according to search engine algorithms. By doing this, you’ll see improvements in rankings. SEO can help improve traffic on both eBay listings and business websites. So, don’t take it lightly.
Follow the below-given SEO practices:
Use Relevant eBay Store Name
Ensure that your eBay store name is logical and descriptive. Buyers must get an idea from your store name about what are you selling? Store name builds a URL and signals search engine that what this page is about, and can help with rankings.
Use Proper Tags for Images
Ensure that the images are appropriately named and name them using keywords. Rename the image file and ensure that it makes sense. The image name must be informative and descriptive. It will help your listing to rank higher in search results.
Use Keywords in Titles of eBay Listings
Now the days are over when people were used to stuffing keywords to get ranking. If you want to increase visibility, you’ll have to use relevant keywords and key phrases in the title. When the listing keyword is more appropriate, more people will search and click on it.
Write a Detailed Description
Description of a listing is where you can make maximum use of your keywords. Ensure that your eBay listing description is at least 200 words. When writing a description, use your primary keyword in the first sentence and use relevant keywords where appropriate.
Don’t overdo and stuff keywords and ensure that it looks normal. When you write content for users, you’ll be rewarded by search engines. In the final sentence of the description, summarize the product using the most important keyword.
Format Your Listing Description Well
When you write long paragraphs, they’re not appealing to search engines and users. Therefore, it’s crucial to format each eBay listing. Keep the paragraphs short and try to use bullet points to make them easy to read. If something is noteworthy, make it bold. For features and important points, use bullet points. Search engines appreciate such content.
It might look challenging to learn SEO, but it’s not that difficult. You can learn it for free from many online resources.
When eBay sellers don’t get a response from Cassini’s eBay search engine, they get frustrated. They want to know the best ways to promote eBay listings. Follow the methods mentioned above and promote your eBay listings. When you apply all these methods correctly, you’ll see results.